When I was a kid, a jar of apple butter in the fridge was a sure sign that fall had arrived. It was my Dad’s favorite. The smells and the feels really remind me of childhood and of home. This Instant Pot Apple Butter lets me savor those delicious memories all over again.
What’s in homemade apple butter
If you’ve recently gone apple picking, you’re going to love this recipe. It’s a great way to use up those apples! Here’s what you’ll need:
- apples (my favorites are Fuji, Winesap and Honeycrisp)
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- lemon juice
This recipe calls for 6 pounds of apples, which will give you 6 cups of homemade apple butter. If it’s too much, just cut the recipe in half.
How to make Instant Pot Apple Butter
How to serve Apple Butter
- Bake it into muffins, breads and donuts
- Spread it onto scones or challah toast
- Mix it into cocktails
- Add it to a cheese board
However you enjoy this Instant Pot Apple Butter, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more apple recipes, try these:
- Apple Cinnamon Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Ultimate Fall Salad with Apples, Pecans & Honey Dijon Dressing
- Cinnamon Apple Ice Cream Pie
For more gluten free, dairy free and vegan recipes, try these:
Instant Pot Apple Butter
Easy, homemade and full of fall spices, this vegan spread is delicious with breads, pastries and crackers
- 6 lbs. apples my favorites are Winesap, Gala, Macoun
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground clove
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- juice of 1 lemon
- Peel, core and chop the apples. Place them into the Instant Pot. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook (Manual) for 10 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes, then manually release the rest.
- Set the Instant Pot to Slow Cook for 8 hours.
- Allow the apple butter to cool slightly, then use an immersion blender to puree it until smooth. Alternatively, transfer the mixture to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer the apple butter to airtight containers and store in the refrigerator.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply