As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com.
Ice cream and apple pie is a classic combination. But what if we deconstructed the classic dessert we know as apple pie a la mode?
This apple cinnamon ice cream pie is everything we love about apple pie and ice cream, except in a completely new way!
We’re making a homemade graham cracker crust, filling it with creamy cinnamon ice cream, and putting the sweet apple pie filling on top!
Now, ice cream may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think about dessert during this time of year. But this apple cinnamon ice cream pie has been the most popular dessert on my Thanksgiving table for years!
The buttery crust, rich ice cream and syrupy apples are such a fun twist on the traditional – one that the whole family loves.
I promise, you’ve never had a slice of apple pie like this before! One try and it’ll become your new favorite fall dessert!
Ingredients for this Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream Pie
Here’s what you’ll need to make this creamy ice cream dessert:
- Graham crackers. Although it’s tempting to use cinnamon graham crackers in this recipe, I have only tested it using regular honey grahams. So let’s stick with those.
- Apples. My favorite apples for baking are Gala, Honeycrisp and Fuji. These varieties are easy to find during apple season. If you like a hint of tartness, try using Granny Smith apples. I’ve been baking more with them this season and they’re great!
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Heavy cream
- Lemon juice
How to make this Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream Pie
Make the pie crust
It’s super easy to make a homemade graham cracker crust. Simply crush the graham crackers into crumbs using a food processor.
Then, add some melted butter and press the mixture into a springform pan. It only takes 10 minutes in the oven and it’ll be ready to fill with our ice cream mixture.
Make the ice cream filling
You won’t need an ice cream machine to create this delicious homemade ice cream. Using a combination of heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk makes a rich vanilla ice cream base that tastes like you had churned it in an ice cream maker.
To the ice cream base, we’ll add cinnamon and sugar to create an amazing homemade cinnamon ice cream.
Once the pie crust has cooled, fill it with the ice cream and pop it in the freezer.
Make the apple pie topping
The last thing we’ll do is make the syrupy apples.
Slice up your fresh apples and get them into a saucepan with some cinnamon, sugar, lemon juice and a little bit of water. The apples will cook down and become soft and syrupy – the perfect filling for apple pie.
But! We’re not using it as a filling. We’re going to serve it as a topping instead.
Allow the apple mixture to cool to room temperature. Wait until you’re ready to serve this apple cinnamon ice cream pie to spread the apples on top.
See the recipe card below for full instructions.
Variations on this Apple Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- Caramel Drizzle Delight: For an extra indulgent twist, drizzle a rich caramel sauce over your apple and ice cream layers. The caramel’s sweetness adds a delicious complement to the warmly spiced apples and cool ice cream.
- Nutty Crunch: If you enjoy some added texture, consider sprinkling chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds over the ice cream pie. The crunch of the nuts provides an interesting contrast to the smooth ice cream and tender apples.
- Molasses Spice Drizzle: Substitute the caramel for a molasses drizzle. The rich, slightly smoky taste of molasses pairs perfectly with the cinnamon-spiced apples, adding a cool depth of flavor.
- Make it Pumpkin: Embrace the concept of a fall ice cream pie and enjoy this recipe for my Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie. A Thanksgiving favorite in our family!
Can you make this Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream Pie Ahead of time?
The best thing about this apple ice cream pie recipe is that you can make it ahead of time, which is so amazing for the busy holiday season!
Prep the graham cracker crust and ice cream filling. Place the filled pie in the freezer, covered with plastic wrap.
The apple pie filling, or topping as we’re using it, can be prepared in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Allow it to come to room temperature before spreading it onto the pie.
When you make this Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream Pie, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more no churn ice cream recipes, try these:
- Oreo Ice Cream Recipe (3 Ingredients)
- No-Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Easy Strawberry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (No Ice Cream Maker)
For more fall dessert recipes, try these:
- Puff Pastry Apple Dumpling Recipe
- Warm Apple Crostata Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Best Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream Pie (No Churn Recipe)
- 8 oz. graham crackers
- 1 stick melted butter
- 3 1/2 cups apples peeled and sliced
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup + 3 Tbsp. sugar divided
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. cinnamon divided
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
Make the Crust
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray at 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Process the graham crackers in a food processor until fine. Melt butter in a microwave safe dish. With the motor running on low speed, pour the melted butter through the feed tube until incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to the springform pan and press down, moving some of the crumbs up the sides of the pan. Press until firm. Bake for 10 minutes, until golden brown.
Make the Ice Cream
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream, 3 Tbsp. sugar and vanilla with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold in the sweetened condensed milk and 1 Tbsp. cinnamon.
- Pour into the cooled crust. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze at least 2 hours.
Make the Topping
- Cook the apples, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat until thickened.
- Once most of the liquid is absorbed, reduce to low heat and stir in the lemon juice. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes, then remove from heat. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Prior to serving, spread apple mixture on top of the ice cream pie. Slice and serve.