Homemade ice cream is one of life’s sweetest indulgences. And now it’s within everyone’s reach with this 3 Ingredient Oreo Ice Cream! This no churn recipe is quick, easy and oh so creamy. No ice cream maker required!
Who doesn’t love cookies and cream ice cream? It’s always been Mini Me’s favorite flavor. She loves her annual Oreo ice cream cake for her birthday.
This homemade version is fully loaded with chocolatey Oreo cookies. And since we’re not using an ice cream machine, it will be ready in no time.
Ingredients for Oreo Ice Cream
No churn ice cream recipes have become popular over the last few years thanks to the magical combination of heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk. Combining these two ingredients creates a sweet vanilla ice cream base for any add-ins you can dream of.
The options for homemade ice cream flavors is limitless!
Here is all you’ll need to make this no churn Oreo ice cream:
- Heavy whipping cream. When we whip heavy cream on high speed, it creates the thick, creamy texture we need for our ice cream.
- Sweetened condensed milk. Condensed milk is regular whole milk with the water content evaporated off. So it’s nice and thick. It’s also what adds the sweetness to this ice cream dessert, so that no additional sugar is needed.
- Oreo cookies. Gone are the days when cookies and cream ice cream was off limits for people following a gluten free diet! You can now find gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies in most grocery stores. Swap them in for regular Oreos for a gluten free option.
This basic recipe has made homemade ice cream accessible to everyone, even those of us who don’t own an ice cream maker.
How to make homemade ice cream with only 3 ingredients
Follow these easy steps and you’ll be enjoying delicious homemade ice cream in no time:
- Start with very cold heavy cream. If you can freeze the mixing bowl you’ll be using, it’s even better (but not required). Make sure you’re using a large bowl – larger than you think you need. Place the bowl into the sink. Using an extra large bowl and placing it into the sink for mixing will help control the inevitable splatter once you start whipping the cream.
2. Then, whip the cold heavy cream and condensed milk with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. This could take up to 10 minutes, so be patient! The cream will start to form soft peaks, but keep going until it’s as stiff as you can get it. The stiffer the peaks, the more air bubbles you’ve created, the more voluminous the ice cream mixture will be.
3. Crush the Oreo cookies. The best way to do this is to place the cookies in a heavy duty ziploc bag and either roll a rolling pin over them or use the back of a measuring cup to smash them. This is much easier than dragging out a food processor.
4. Now, gently fold the cookies into the whipped cream mixture. The idea behind gently folding is to not break up all those glorious air bubbles you created when you whipped the cream.
5. Pour the soft ice cream into a loaf pan and cover it with plastic wrap. Freeze it until it’s hard scoop consistency, about 1-2 hours.
How to serve Homemade Oreo Ice Cream
Enjoy this 3 Ingredient Oreo Ice Cream just as you would the store bought version. Here are some of my favorite ways:
- Make an Oreo cake. Layer Oreo ice cream and chocolate cake in a loaf or springform pan and freeze until firm. Frost with Cool Whip.
- Whip up an Oreo milkshake. Combine Oreo ice cream with milk in a blender until thick and frothy.
- Create an Oreo ice cream float with your favorite soda or root beer.
When you make this 3 Ingredient Oreo Ice Cream Recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more easy ice cream recipes, try these:
- No-Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Easy Strawberry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- No-Churn Matcha Latte Ice Cream
For more frozen dessert recipes, try these:
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream Mud Pie
- Strawberry Ice Cream Pretzel Pie
- Frozen Lemonade Pie with Mixed Berry Topping
Oreo Ice Cream Recipe (3 Ingredients)
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 18 Oreo cookies
- Place Oreo cookies into a heavy duty plastic bag and seal the bag. Using a rolling pin to crush the cookies. Alternatively, use the bottom of a measuring cup.
- Place a large mixing bowl into the sink. Pour the cold cream and condensed milk into the bowl. Beat on high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form, about 8-10 minutes.
- Gently fold in the crushed cookies. Pour the ice cream mixture into an ungreased loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm.
Cindy Harrity says
This recipe was AMAZING!! 😋
I made an Oreo ice cream pie w/ homemade graham cracker crust for Pi π Day and my son was in *heaven*. I’m not even a big fan of oreo ice cream, but I could have eaten the entire bowl before I spooned it into the pie shell. So incredibly simple and tasty!! Thanks Jackie!