Prep Time: 3 hours
Cook Time: N/A
What does No-Churn mean?
Does Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream taste like mint?
How to make the chocolate ribbons for Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
No-Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
You can make this creamy, minty, chocolatey summer treat without an ice cream maker!
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves firmly packed
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 5 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- Warm the cream and mint leaves in a saucepan over medium heat, until steamy. Remove from heat and cover. Let sit for 1 hour.
- Remove the mint leaves, squeezing as much liquid out of them as you can. Discard. Pour the cream into a mixing bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Once the cream is cold, add the condensed milk to the mixing bowl and beat on high speed with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form, about 8-10 minutes. Cover and place in the freezer for 30-45 minutes, until the consistency reaches that of soft serve ice cream.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe container at 30 second intervals until desired consistency is reached. Pour the melted chocolate evenly over the ice cream. Using a wooden spoon, quickly swirl the chocolate to break it up into smaller pieces. It will start to freeze quickly. Pour the mixture into an ice cream container with a lid and freeze until ready to serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!