How to make Pumpkin Pecan Ice Cream Pie
A make-ahead dessert for a busy season
Pumpkin Pecan Ice Cream Pie
Layers of ice cream and creamy pumpkin with cinnamon, nutmeg & ginger inside a crumbly, buttery pecan crust
- 8 oz. graham crackers
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup pecans + 1/4 cup for garnish
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream softened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 14 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat the bottom of a 9″ springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a food processor, combine the graham crackers and pecans until fine. With the motor running, slowly pour the melted butter through the feed tube until mostly combined.
- Dump the crust mixture into the springform pan. Using your fingers, press the crust down onto the bottom of the pan and slightly up the sides. Bake 10 minutes.
- Once the crust is cooled, spread softened ice cream in an even layer onto the crust. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the heavy cream on high until very stiff, about 8 minutes. Gently fold in the pumpkin puree, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Spread the pumpkin mixture evenly over the ice cream layer. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until ready to serve.
- Remove the pie from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle additional pecans onto the pie and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!