Spice Cake vs. Fruit Cake
What is in Holiday Spice Cake
Here’s what you’ll need to make this Christmasy bundt:
How to make this Holiday Spice Cake
Cook’s Notes for Holiday Spice Cake
Is there anything worse than being really excited about making a dessert and then having a total cake fail? It sucks. I’m not going to let that happen to you.
So be sure to have plenty of toothpicks around! Use the bake time in the recipe as a minimum, and just be prepared to check the doneness and add more time.
Sprinkle the powdered sugar just before you’re ready to serve this cake. The sugar will absorb into the cake if you let it sit for too long, so it’s best to do it just before serving.
When you make this Holiday Spice Cake, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more holiday dessert recipes, try these:
- Caramel Gingerbread Trifle with Bourbon Cream
- Mini Gingerbread Cakes with Lemon Glaze
- Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
For more bundt cake recipes, try these:
Holiday Spice Cake
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. ground clove
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 12 oz. box of raisins
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place all ingredients except for the flour and baking soda into a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to combine. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda. Pour the warm ingredients into the flour mixture and fold gently to combine.
- Spray a bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour batter into the bundt pan and smooth the surface. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes. Allow cake to cool in the pan. Turn out the cooled cake onto a serving dish and sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.