This is not a fruitcake!
How to make this Holiday Spice Cake
Holiday Spice Cake
Get a taste of the holidays when you make this beautiful bundt cake with cinnamon, clove and juicy raisins
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. ground clove
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 12 oz. box of raisins
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place all ingredients except for the flour and baking soda into a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to combine. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda. Pour the warm ingredients into the flour mixture and fold gently to combine.
- Spray a bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour batter into the bundt pan and smooth the surface. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes. Allow cake to cool in the pan. Turn out the cooled cake onto a serving dish and sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!