Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
How much lemon is actually in a Double Lemon Cream Cake?
What makes this Double Lemon Cream Cake “Double”?
What makes this Double Lemon Cream Cake creamy?
My go-to ingredient for a moist (I know) cake is sour cream. It’s not just the creaminess, it’s the awesome bit of tang that sour cream adds to any baked good. More and more often, I’ve been substituting Greek yogurt. It’s healthier, and it mimics the flavor of sour cream closely enough that you can’t tell the difference when its baked into a cake.
What if I don’t have a fancy bundt pan?
Double Lemon Cream Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, combine the lemon juice, vanilla, milk and sour cream.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs and lemon zest. Blend the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream mixture until fully combined.
- Spray a bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan and bake 40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely before turning out onto a serving dish.
- To make the glaze, whisk all ingredients together. Pour over cooled cake.