Cheese boards are a seasonless delight, but I do especially love them in the fall. There is something very special about bringing things inside again, welcoming friends and family back into our home to gather around, share delicious wines and nibble on seasonal bites. This Harvest Cheese Board celebrates the fall season in all its glory.
I’m going to show you how to choose the right cheeses, crackers, breads and accompaniments for the ultimate autumn cheese board. So let’s build this thing!
How to Build the Perfect Seasonal Cheese Board
- Seasonal fruits like pomegranates, bosc pears, apples and blood oranges
- Fig jam – it’s an absolute must for this time of year
- Candied nuts – praline pecans are a favorite around here
- Apple butter or pumpkin butter – although not pictured here, I’ll usually put some out for my guests to sample with various cheeses
- Honey comb or raw honey – you’ll find honey on all of my cheese boards, regardless of season
How to choose the best cheese for a cheese board
The Firm Cheeses
The firm cheeses are the ones that we will cut into wedges, cubes and slices for lots of variation on this Harvest Cheese Board.
The Soft Cheeses
Let’s jump into the soft, spreadable cheeses that we’re using on this Harvest Cheese Board.
What kind of crackers to serve with this cheese board
Ah, my favorite topic besides cheese. Carbs! You can really go wild with the crackers and breads you choose for this Harvest Cheese Board. There are so many great options out there. Here are some of my picks:
- Herb-infused crackers or breads – rosemary, sage and even thyme just smell like fall, don’t they? Find a cracker that embodies those fall aromas.
- Fruit-infused crackers – think fig or cranberries.
- A plain water cracker or flatbread – a must for any cheese board, any time of year.
- Pretzels – nothing goes better with cheddar!
- Sourdough bread or baguette
Wine and beer pairings for this Harvest Cheese Board
And when you build your Harvest Cheese Board, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more cheese boards, try these:
For more fall appetizer ideas, try these:
How to Build a Harvest Cheese Board
- Anchor all of the cheeses onto the board first. Pre-slice some of them into shapes if desired.
- Fill in the negative space with fruits, breads, crackers and nuts.