I hate to play favorites, but this Apple Butter Vodka Cocktail is my favorite drink of the fall season. The simple mix of apple cider, ginger simple syrup and warmly spiced apple butter will give you all the fall feels.
And the splash of ginger beer adds that final fizzy, festive touch. It’s what I’ll be pouring all through Thanksgiving weekend!
What’s in this apple butter vodka cocktail
Are you ever turned off when you see a recipe with an ingredient that you know you will only use once, and it will be for that recipe? Me too.
For this cocktail, you’ll be able to use the ingredients again and again in many other creations. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Quality vodka. The higher the quality, the less you’re going to taste it. My go-to is Tito’s. It’s not super expensive, it’s gluten free and you can barely taste it in mixed drinks.
- Apple butter. You can find it in stores all throughout the fall season, or make my easy recipe. Apple butter is a great way to use up apples after going apple picking and you can use it so many things! Bake it into muffins and cookies, add it to a cheese board and mix it into cocktails.
- Apple cider. ‘Tis the season to have a giant jug of it in the fridge, am I right? Use it in cocktails, for braising meats and in fall baking. Who doesn’t love apple cider doughnuts?
- Ginger simple syrup. I’ll give you the recipe for this down below. It’s super easy and so freaking good. I’ve been mixing ginger syrup into bourbon cocktails and even sweetening my tea with it. And it will last forever in the fridge.
- Ginger beer. This non-alcoholic beverage completely transforms cocktails! It’s sort of like ginger ale, except spicier and basically better. It’s an indispensable ingredient in Moscow Mules. Ginger beer is easy to find in most supermarkets.
How to make an Apple Butter Vodka Cocktail
This is an easy one to make. Everything except for the ginger beer goes into a cocktail shaker or glass jar with a lid. Just give it a good shake to distribute the apple butter. It won’t dissolve completely.
Then pour it into a rocks glass with ice and top it off with ginger beer. Garnishing this Apple Butter Vodka Cocktail with a sprig of rosemary will give you that earthy aroma with each sip. It’s an awesome balance to this sweet drink.
When you make this Apple Butter Vodka Cocktail, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Cheers!
For more fall cocktail recipes, try these:
For more vodka-based drink recipes, try these:
Apple Butter Vodka Cocktail
- 2 oz. vodka
- 2 Tbsp. apple butter
- 2 tsp. ginger simple syrup
- 2 oz. apple cider
- ginger beer for topping off
- 1 sprig rosemary garnish, optional
- 1 cinnamon stick garnish, optional
Ginger Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger peeled and chopped
- Make the ginger simple syrup: Bring water and sugar to a boil and stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in the ginger. Allow to steep for at least 30 minutes. Strain into an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator.
- Place apple butter, vodka, ginger syrup and apple cider in a cocktail shaker or glass jar with a lid. Shake vigorously.
- Fill a rocks glass with ice. Pour the cocktail into the glass. Top off with ginger beer. Garnish with rosemary and cinnamon stick.
Tobi Grant says
You better make one for me!