What’s in these Holiday Moscow Mules
- Quality vodka. Use what you like for these easy drinkers. The higher quality the vodka, the less you’ll taste it in the cocktail.
- Pomegranate juice. I recently heard from someone who couldn’t find pure pomegranate juice in his local supermarket. If this happens to you, go for unsweetened cranberry juice instead.
- Ginger beer. Don’t be fooled by its name – ginger beer is about as alcoholic as root beer. It’s made from fermented ginger root and it’s non-alcoholic. Ginger beer can range from mild (like ginger ale) to spicy.
- Fresh sage leaves. Velvety and aromatic, I could literally huff the leaves. The aroma is so delicious, and you’ll smell in it in every sip.
- Raw sugar. Just a little is all we’ll be using, for muddling the sage leaves.
How to make a Holiday Moscow Mule
We start these mules by muddling fresh sage leaves in a cocktail shaker to release their aromas and oils. Adding a sprinkle of raw sugar makes it easier to muddle.
Then, stir in the pomegranate juice and vodka. Give it a good shake in the cocktail shaker to really distribute that sage essence. Then, strain it into a mule mug filled with ice.
Finally, top it all off with ginger beer. Served ice cold with lots of fresh herbs and fruit to garnish, this Holiday Moscow Mule is perfect kick off to a day of feasting.
How to serve a Holiday Moscow Mule
For more holiday drink recipes, try these:
- Ultimate Thanksgiving Sangria
- Holiday Manhattan Cocktails
- Fig Old Fashioned Cocktail
- Pumpkin Pie Bourbon Cocktail with Ginger and Orange
- Apple Butter Vodka Cocktail
Holiday Moscow Mule with Pomegranate and Sage
- 4 fresh sage leaves + more for garnish
- 3 oz. vodka
- 3 oz. pomegranate juice
- 1 tsp. raw sugar
- 1/2 a can or bottle of ginger beer for topping off
- fresh pomegranate for garnish
- Fill a Moscow mule mug with ice.
- With a wooden spoon or muddler, gently muddle the sage leaves and sugar in a cocktail shaker. Pour in the vodka and pomegranate juice. Shake well.
- Strain into the prepared mug and top with ginger beer. Garnish with fresh sage leaves and a slice of pomegranate.