Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 90 minutes (20 minutes active)
How to make Creamy Vegan Celery Soup
How to serve this soup
Creamy Vegan Celery Soup
A healthy and satisfying way to warm up this winter – so rich and velvety, you'll never believe it's vegan!
- 4 celery hearts cleaned and chopped
- 2 yellow onions diced
- 2 quarts vegetable stock
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. minced dried onions
- 1 tbsp. granulated onion
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Coat the bottom of a large, heavy-bottomed pot with 1/4 inch of olive oil. Cook celery on medium heat until it starts to soften, 5-6 minutes. Add the salt, pepper, minced and granulated onion, celery salt and celery seed. Continue cooking until celery is very soft, another 7-8 minutes. Then add the diced onions. Saute until the vegetables are browned, another 8-10 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and stir to combine all ingredients. Cover and simmer on low heat for at least 1 hour.
- Off heat, add the spinach and puree with an immersion blender. Alternately, allow the soup to cool, then transfer to a standard blender, add the spinach and puree until it reaches the desired consistency.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!