Servings: 6 8oz. jars
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 12 hours (inactive)
How to make Slow-Cooked Apple Butter
How to serve Apple Butter
Slow-Cooked Apple Butter
Easy, homemade and full of fall spices, this crock pot apple butter is spreadable on breads, pastries and crackers
- 6 lbs. apples – peeled, cored and chopped (my favorites are Winesap, Gala, Macoun)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground clove
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- juice of 1 lemon
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker. Set the slow cooker to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-12 hours, until thickened and dark brown.
- Turn off heat, and use an immersion blender to puree the apples until smooth. Alternatively, pour cooled contents into a blender in batches. and puree until smooth.
- Transfer the apple butter to airtight containers and store in the refrigerator.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!