For the Love of Cinnamon
How to make the Cinnamon Ice Cream
You’ll start by beating heavy cream, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until you get stiff peaks. This is pretty much a basic whipped cream. Then, fold in a can of sweetened condensed milk and some cinnamon. And boom – ice cream! It’s that easy.
Putting it All Together
Cinnamon Apple Ice Cream Pie
- 8 oz. graham crackers
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup + 3 Tbsp. sugar divided
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. cinnamon divided
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 1/2 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- Make the crust: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray at 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a food processor, combine the graham crackers and melted butter. Transfer the mixture to the springform pan and press down, moving some of the crumbs up the sides of the pan. Press until firm. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Make the ice cream: In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream, 3 Tbsp. sugar and vanilla with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold in the sweetened condensed milk and 1 Tbsp. cinnamon. Pour into the prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- Make the topping: Cook the apples, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat until thickened. Once most of the liquid is absorbed, lower the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes, then remove from heat. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Prior to serving, spread apple topping on top of the pie. Slice and serve.