As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com.
This turkey burger sliders recipe will be the ooiest, gooiest, juiciest addition to your game day menu! They’re just a messy good time.
Ingredients for this Turkey Burger Sliders Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need to make these easy turkey burger sliders:
- Ground turkey. Using 93% lean meat is a healthier alternative to ground beef, and offers just the right amount of fat. You could also go super lean with a 99% lean ground turkey. There’s also an 85% lean option. You can usually find several options at most grocery stores.
- Fish sauce. It sounds weird, I know, but this is the secret ingredient to the most insane flavor in my turkey burger recipe! People always ask, “What’s in these burgers?!” If you’re still not on board, substitute Worcestershire sauce.
- Mayonnaise. A little mayo adds a little fat for flavor and helps to bind the turkey patties together.
- Slider buns. The best slider buns, in my opinion, are King’s Hawaiian. They’re soft, buttery and simply perfect! If you can’t find King’s Hawaiian, look for any kind of small soft dinner rolls. Brioche is a great choice.
- American cheese. Nothing melts better. It’s the creamiest choice for perfect ground turkey sliders.
- Cheddar cheese. Go for a sharp cheddar that really brings the extra flavor.
- Onions. We’re mincing them super small, just like they do at McDonald’s, and sautéing them in a little butter so that they caramelize. To me, they’re the best things about these sliders!
The Special Sauce
Another homage to a classic fast food burger, we’re slathering these ground turkey burgers with a tangy special sauce. Here’s what you’ll need:
How to make this Turkey Burger Sliders Recipe
First, make the burger meat
Mix the ground turkey with the mayo and fish sauce and spread it onto a baking sheet. We’re going to put it in the oven for 20 minutes.
It will be almost completely cooked, but don’t worry if it doesn’t hit an internal temperature of 165 degrees – we’re going to put it back into the oven after we top it with our favorite toppings, which will cook it completely through.
Don’t worry if the turkey patty you start with is bigger than the slider buns. The meat will shrink as it cooks.
While the burger meat cooks, prep the toppings
While the burger meat is in the oven, sauté the minced onions in a little butter and set them aside. Grate the cheddar cheese and mix up the special sauce.
Also, combine some melted butter with sesame seeds and garlic powder in a separate bowl. We’ll brush it onto the burger buns before baking them.
Assemble the sliders
Now comes the fun part! Layer all the goodies onto the bottom half of your slider buns, starting with the special sauce.
Then, sprinkle the cheddar cheese and top it with the turkey burger patty.
Spread the caramelized onions onto the burger patty, followed with American cheese slices.
Brush the tops of the burger buns with the melted butter mixture and pop them back into the oven. Your mini turkey burgers will come out golden brown and ready to devour in about 15 minutes.
Find the full instructions in the recipe card below.
What to Serve with Turkey Burger Sliders
There are lots of great ways to enjoy your delicious burger!
Variations on this Turkey Burger Sliders Recipe
The great thing about these delicious little burgers is that they’re totally customizable! Try these variations:
2. Toppings. Anything goes with these fun sliders! Try shredded lettuce, tomatoes, diced bacon, pickles or a smear of garlic mayo.
3. Cheese. Let your taste buds decide! Havarti, muenster and mozzarella cheese all have a great melt factor. Sharper cheeses like aged gouda cheese, asiago and gruyere offer more distinctive flavor profiles.
How to Store these Turkey Burger Sliders
The best way to store leftover sliders is in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat them on a baking sheet in the oven.
When you make this Turkey Burger sliders recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more recipes using ground turkey, try these:
For more game day recipes, try these:
Turkey Burger Sliders Recipe (with Hawaiian Rolls)
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground turkey
- 12 slider buns
- 1 cup onions finely diced
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter divided
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, mayonnaise and fish sauce. Spread the meat mixture in an even layer into the baking pan. Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and drain any liquid.
- While the turkey is cooking, heat 1 Tbsp. of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the onions until softened. Set aside.
- Make the special sauce: combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Slice the slider buns crosswise into top and bottom sections. Line a separate sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place the bottom half of the slider buns onto the parchment. Spread the special sauce onto the buns. Then, sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese evenly across the buns.
- Place the ground turkey on top of the cheddar cheese. Sprinkle the sauteed onions evenly across the turkey. Layer the American cheese slices. Place the top half of the buns onto the burgers.
- Melt the remaining 2 Tbsp. of butter in a microwave safe bowl. Whisk in the sesame seeds and garlic powder. Brush the butter mixture generously over the tops of the slider buns.
- Place the tray back into the oven for 15 minutes, until tops are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Trim any excess burger meat from the sides before serving, if desired.