Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
What are Patatas Bravas?
Spanish-style crispy potatoes with a creamy, spicy dipping sauce that makes a great side dish for grilled meats and fish
- 5 lbs. russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup Montreal Steak Seasoning reserve 2 Tbsp. for sprinkling after cooking
The Bravas Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp. Saint Lucifer Habanero Spice or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder + 1/2 tsp. salt + 1/4 tsp. paprika + 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Wash and scrub potatoes. Dry them with paper towels and cut into thick wedges. Soak in a big bowl of water for at least 20 minutes. Remove from water and dry them again with paper towels.
- Toss the potato wedges with olive oil and steak seasoning.
- Grill instructions: Place directly on grill grates set to medium-high heat. Cook 8-10 minutes, then flip and cook until there are grill marks on both sides and the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Oven instructions: Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, flipping half way through the cooking time. Turn heat up to 450 degrees and bake another 10 minutes, or until they reach the desired crispness.
- Sprinkle the reserved steak seasoning over the hot potatoes and serve with Bravas sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!