Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
How to serve Spanish Tilapia with Wilted Greens
Spanish Tilapia with Wilted Greens
Light and easy to prepare, this authentic Spanish flaky fish is served over smoky greens
- 8 tilapia filets
- 2/3 cup olive oil divided
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 Tbsp. dry sherry
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 tsp. Spanish paprika
- fresh flat leaf parsley
- 12 oz. spinach
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon
- 4 Tbsp. roasted red peppers diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. Spanish paprika
- Heat 1/3 cup oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Pan fry the tilapia until golden and a bit crusty, about 4-5 minutes each side. Remove from pan, set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Add the remaining 1/3 cup of oil to the pan and add the garlic. Allow the garlic to start to sizzle. Then add the bay leaf, red pepper flakes and paprika and cook another 1-2 minutes. Pour in the sherry and deglaze, scraping any browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Add the fish back into the pan and spoon the sauce over top. Keep warm.
- Make the greens: Dice the bacon and cook over medium heat. Add garlic, onions, red pepper and paprika and cook another 1-2 minutes. Add the spinach and saute just until wilted.
- Plate the spinach and place tilapia over top. Squeeze with the juice of one lemon. Slice the other lemon and use for garnish. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply