Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Prepping the Corn
What You Need to Make Sweet Summer Corn & Scallion Salad
Finally, you’ll toss it all up with a very light honey vinaigrette made with only four simple ingredients: champagne (or white wine) vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt and honey, of course.
Sweet Summer Corn & Scallion Salad
- 8 ears of corn husks removed
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup scallions sliced
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese or queso fresco crumbled
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Grilling method: Heat grill to 400 degrees. Set the corn directly onto the grates. Move them around every few minutes, until the kernels are slightly charred, about 8-10 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Boiling method: Place corn cobs into large pot and cover with water. Cover the pot and set burner to high. Once the water boils, remove the pot from the heat. Remove corn from the pot and run it under cold water until it is cool enough to handle.
- Using a serrated knife, shave the kernels off the cobs and discard the cobs.
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey and salt. Whisking, slowly pour in the olive oil. Fold in the corn, avocado, scallions and cheese. Serve at room temperature or chilled.