Are you ready to meet the easiest dip recipe for your game day menu? Meet this 3 Ingredient Chili Cheese Dip.
There’s something about the combination of cream cheese, chunky chili and sharp cheddar cheese that draws a crowd every time!
I have to laugh to myself every time I serve this chili cream cheese dip. It’s the most un-recipe I make, yet every time I make it, at least one person asks for the recipe!
The good news is that anyone – and I mean anyone – can easily make this cheesy chili dip in no time at all. And with the big game coming up in just a few weeks, you’ll be happy you have this easy dip recipe on hand.
It’s the perfect appetizer for football season!
What’s in this 3 Ingredient Chili Cheese Dip
Three simple ingredients is all you’ll need to make this easy appetizer. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 can of chili. When I don’t have any leftover homemade chili in the house, my go-to is Hormel Turkey Chili with Beans. If you prefer beef or vegetarian chili, Hormel makes them too.
- Cream cheese. I use the 1/3 reduced fat Neufchatel cheese because it’s what we keep in the house. In my opinion, it tastes the same as the full fat version. But use what you like.
- Shredded cheese. Since we are going for maximum meltiness in this dip, grate the cheese yourself. When you buy pre-shredded cheese, it contains an anti-clumping agent that means it won’t melt as nicely as if you had grated it yourself. I recommend using sharp cheddar cheese in this recipe, but you could also try Colby jack, pepper jack cheese or Monterey jack cheese.
I’m not counting chopped green onions as an ingredient in this recipe because they are not integral to the flavor. But they make a pretty garnish if you want to sprinkle them on top.
How to make 3 Ingredient Chili Cheese Dip
This cheesy dip comes together with just a few short minutes of prep!
Be sure to start with softened cream cheese. If you didn’t have time to soften it, just place it into the baking dish you’ll be using and microwave it for 30 seconds. Then, spread the cream cheese evenly onto the bottom of the baking dish.
After the cream cheese comes the canned chili (or homemade, if you have it).
Top it all off with a generous amount of cheese. Then, just bake it till the cheese melts. Done and done.
How to serve 3 Ingredient Chili Cheese Dip
Serve this Super Bowl favorite with your favorite tortilla chips. Ours are Fritos Scoops, but any sturdy corn chips will do.
Even your friends who are following gluten free and low carb diets can get in on the fun. Serve this dip with celery sticks and carrot sticks!
How to store leftover chili cheese dip
If you have any of this homemade chili cheese dip left over, simply cover it over with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator. You could also scoop it into an airtight container to save fridge space.
Then, reheat it in the microwave or oven. It’s really delicious the next day!
You’re going to love this 3-Ingredient Chili Cheese Dip recipe! And when you try it, I’d love to hear about it. Drop a star rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more easy party recipes, try these:
- Beer Cheese Dip with Cream Cheese
- Quick & Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Sheet Pan Nachos with Ground Turkey
For more low carb appetizers, try these:
3 Ingredient Chili Cheese Dip
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 15 oz. can chili
- 6 oz. grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread softened cream cheese evenly onto the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish.
- Spread the chili evenly over the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese evenly over the chili. Bake 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Garnish with chopped scallions, if desired.
Lauren Starkweather says
Can I use my homemade chili for this?
Absolutely! Use 2 cups of homemade chili. I hope you love it!
Can I cut up hot dogs in it.
Sure, why not!