It’s playoff season and that means game day food! This Quick and Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip is a great way to enjoy the taste of buffalo chicken wings without all those bones!
This super low carb appetizer is creamy, a little spicy and super tangy, thanks to the real blue cheese. And with no added sugar, it’s ideal for those following a low-carb diet, keto diet and gluten free diet.
Buffalo wings are a staple on our game day menus. This dip gives us that spicy buffalo sauce flavor that we love in a creamy game-winning appetizer. The whole family will devour it!
What’s in this Quick and Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Coming in at just five simple ingredients, this easy appetizer will be ready in no time. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast. Skip any actual cooking and use pre-cooked chicken for this recipe. A rotisserie chicken or even canned chicken breast works great and makes this easy recipe even easier.
- Cream cheese. Full fat or low fat work in this recipe, just don’t go any lower than 1/3 reduced fat.
- Hot sauce or Buffalo wing sauce. Yes, they do make specific wing sauce that’s different from regular hot sauce. Buffalo wing sauce has added butter and other ingredients to make it richer in flavor. I have always used plain hot sauce though, it works great!
- Blue cheese dressing. Full fat, please! Low fat blue cheese dressing just doesn’t taste the same.
- Blue cheese crumbles. Most grocery stores already sell it in crumbles. Get the kind that are bluish in color. They’ll be the most flavorful. The crumbles that are all white are too mild.
How to make this dip
It’s super easy to make this low-carb buffalo chicken dip.
You want to shred the cooked chicken with forks before mixing it into the dip. You can do this regardless of whether you’re using canned chicken breast, rotisserie or plain cooked chicken breast.
Then, simply put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix them together. Transfer the chicken mixture to a casserole dish or oven-proof skillet. Bake it up, and it’s ready to serve!
How to Serve Buffalo Chicken Dip
If you’re following a low carb diet or a ketogenic diet, stick with celery sticks when enjoying this dip. You could also try pork rinds, which are keto friendly and offer that satisfying crunch.
If you’re not worried about your carbohydrate intake, go ahead and dive in with sturdy corn chips. I usually serve this Buffalo Chicken Dip with both celery and chips for dipping, so everyone can be happy. This dip is best served warm, and reheats easily in the microwave or oven.
How long does buffalo chicken dip last in the fridge?
Because buffalo chicken dip contains both chicken and dairy, you shouldn’t keep it for longer than 5 days in the fridge. Be sure to store it in an airtight container.
Can you freeze buffalo chicken dip?
Absolutely! Seal the dip in an airtight container and then put it in a freezer bag for double protection. It will last for months in the freezer. Reheat it in the microwave or oven.
Do you love buffalo chicken dip, but not the blue cheese?
You’re not alone! And I have the perfect recipe for you.
Try this Buffalo Chicken Dip with Ranch. We’re swapping ranch dressing in for the blue cheese, adding green onions and sharp cheddar cheese. Blue cheese haters will love this one!
You’re going to love this creamy, cheesy keto buffalo chicken dip. It’s just not game day without it!
And when you make this Quick and Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more game day recipes, try these:
- Sheet Pan Nachos with Ground Turkey
- Restaurant-Style 3 Cheese Queso Dip
- Restaurant-Style Fried Pickles
For more low carb recipes, try these:
- Blue Ribbon Ground Turkey Chili
- Chicken Shawarma with Tahini Yogurt Sauce
- Ginger Soy Chicken Meatballs
Quick and Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 3 cups shredded chicken breast
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir the cream cheese in a bowl until smooth, then add the remaining ingredients until combined. Bake 20 minutes, until bubbly.
Leave a Reply