It’s playoff season and that means game day food! Buffalo Chicken Dip is a family favorite, but what if you’ve got blue cheese haters in the house?
Fear not, my friends. This Buffalo Chicken Dip with Ranch is made without any blue cheese dressing or blue cheese crumbles!
Buffalo chicken wings are a staple on our game day menus. This Buffalo dip recipe gives us that spicy flavor that we love about Buffalo wings, but in a creamy, cheesy, game-winning appetizer. The whole family will devour it!
And, bonus: it’s safe for those following a low-carb diet, keto diet and gluten free diet, making it a perfect appetizer for everyone!
What’s in this Buffalo Chicken Dip with Ranch
Coming in at just six simple ingredients, this easy appetizer will be ready in no time. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast. Skip any actual cooking and use pre-cooked chicken for this recipe. A rotisserie chicken or even canned chicken breast works great and makes this easy recipe even easier.
- Cream cheese. Full fat or low fat work in this recipe, just don’t go any lower than 1/3 reduced fat.
- Sharp cheddar cheese. The sharper the better for the best flavor.
- Hot sauce or Buffalo wing sauce. Yes, they do make specific wing sauce that’s different from regular hot sauce. Buffalo wing sauce has added butter and other ingredients to make it richer in flavor. I have always used plain Frank’s RedHot sauce though, it works great!
- Ranch dressing. Full fat, please! Low fat ranch dressing just doesn’t taste the same.
- Scallions (green onions)
How to make this dip
Follow these simple steps to make this low-carb buffalo chicken dip:
Start with the chicken. If you’re using canned chicken breast, it should already be in chunks. For rotisserie or plain cooked chicken breast, just cut it into bite sized pieces.
If you prefer shredded chicken, go ahead and shred it! It’s really just a textural preference, so do what you like.
Then, grate the cheese. It may sound weird, but pre-shredded cheese that you find in grocery stores just doesn’t melt the same way as when you grate it yourself.
Most pre-shredded cheeses contain anti-clumping agents that keep the cheese from melting as smoothly. So, whenever possible, take the time to grate your own cheese.
Then, simply put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix them together. Transfer the chicken mixture to a casserole dish or oven-proof skillet. Top it with lots of cheese, bake it up, and it’s ready to serve!
How to Serve Buffalo Chicken Dip with Ranch
If you’re following a low carb diet or a ketogenic diet, stick with celery sticks and carrot sticks when enjoying this Buffalo ranch chicken dip. If you’re not worried about your carbohydrate intake, go ahead and dive in with sturdy corn chips.
I usually serve this delicious dip with celery, tortilla chips and even baguette slices for dipping, so everyone can be happy.
This dip is best served warm. To keep it warm for longer, serve it in a small crock pot set to low heat.
How long does buffalo chicken dip last in the fridge?
Because buffalo chicken dip contains both chicken and dairy, you shouldn’t keep it for longer than 5 days in the fridge. Be sure to store it in an airtight container.
Can you freeze buffalo chicken dip?
Absolutely! Seal the dip in an airtight container and then put it in a freezer bag for double protection. It will last for months in the freezer.
The next time you want to enjoy it, transfer it to an oven safe dish and reheat in the microwave or conventional oven.
Try this creamy, cheesy Buffalo ranch dip at your next party, or for the big Super Bowl party! It’s just not game day without it.
And when you make it, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more game day recipes, try these:
- Sheet Pan Nachos with Ground Turkey
- Restaurant-Style 3 Cheese Queso Dip
- Restaurant-Style Fried Pickles
For more low carb recipes, try these:
- Blue Ribbon Ground Turkey Chili
- Chicken Shawarma with Tahini Yogurt Sauce
- Ginger Soy Chicken Meatballs
Best Buffalo Chicken Dip with Ranch (Easy Recipe)
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup diced green onions (scallions)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut cooked chicken into bite-sized pieces. Place them into a large bowl.
- Add the cream cheese, hot sauce, ranch dressing, scallions and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese to the mixing bowl. Combine well.
- Transfer the chicken mixture to an oven safe baking dish. Top with remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Bake 25 minutes. Serve warm.