Prep Time: 15 minutes + chilling
Cook Time: 45 minutes
We love Asian-inspired flavors in our house. These Sticky Sweet Ginger Soy Chicken Wings with Garlic and Honey remind me of old school takeout Chinese food that we used to get when I was growing up. The sauce is sticky, sweet and finger-lickin’ delicious! Plus, they’re baked, so you’ll feel a little less guilty devouring a dozen of them by yourself.
What’s in these Ginger Soy Chicken Wings
Here is what you’ll need to make these highly addictive wings:
- soy sauce
- chicken broth
Chances are, you have most of these ingredients already on hand. The one thing I don’t keep in the house regularly is fresh ginger. But I do keep a jar of minced ginger in the fridge at all times. Fresh is best, but the jarred kind is fine if you’re in a pinch.
If you haven’t tried using bone broth yet, it’s definitely worth it. The flavor is amazing compared to regular chicken broth, plus it packs a huge punch of protein, collagen and amino acids. I try to use bone broth in any recipe that calls for chicken broth these days.
How to make these sticky sweet chicken wings
When the wings come out of the oven, put them into a pan with melted butter. Coat them in the butter first – this is what will help the sauce really stick to the wings. When you add the sauce, just let it simmer for a few minutes to get nice and sticky on the wings. Voila!
Tips for Success
A few things to remember when you’re making these wings so that you have the best experience possible:
- The sauce isn’t something you can walk away from. If you look away, it will boil over in seconds, make a huge mess and there will be lots of cursing. So be sure to hang with it. (I’ll give more detail in the method below).
- There should be some sauce left over after you toss the wings in it, and I really love saving it for the next day. Just pour it over some grilled chicken or shrimp and serve with sticky rice for a homemade bourbon-style dish.
When you make these Sticky Sweet Ginger Soy Chicken Wings with Garlic and Honey, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more game day recipes, try these:
For more Asian-inspired recipes, try these:
- 30-Minute Saucy Ginger Sesame Noodles with Vegetables
- Wasabi Cream Cheese Spread
- Gluten Free Pad Thai with Shrimp
Sticky Sweet Ginger Soy Chicken Wings with Garlic and Honey
- 4 lbs chicken wings separated
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- 1/4 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp minced ginger or freshly grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro optional
- 1 scallion chopped (optional)
- Place wings in a large bowl and pour bone broth over them, enough to cover. Chill in the refrigerator for several hours to overnight.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil. Arrange wings in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine honey, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and lemon in a saucepan. Whisk together over medium heat until foamy. Lower heat to a simmer and continue to whisk for 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Remove wings from oven. In a large pan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Toss wings in melted butter and then add sauce. Coat the wings in the sauce and allow to cook down just until sticky. Remove from heat.
- Top with chopped cilantro and scallions.
Fitoru Fitness says
Great post! I want to try these recipes. They’re easy yet delicious!
Thanks so much! I’d love to hear what you think after you try them!