Salted Irish butter plus warmly spiced pumpkin equals a match made in heaven. And this board is pretty enough to serve at all of your fall and holiday gatherings, from Halloween all the way through to Thanksgiving and Christmas. Let’s get started!
What is a butter board?
By now, most of us have heard of the viral TikTok trend that is the butter board. It started simple – high quality butter, usually French or Irish, swirled onto a pretty cutting board and served with yummy breads and toasts.
Now, people are letting their creativity run wild. From sweet to savory, there’s a butter board for every occasion. Sometimes there isn’t even actual butter! I’ve seen cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, really anything you can smear.
What is pumpkin butter?
Pumpkin butter isn’t even butter at all. It’s a dairy free puree of pumpkin and lots of seasonal spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice. You can spread it onto toast or muffins, bake it into breads and doughnuts or stir it into cocktails.
For this Pumpkin Spice Butter Board, we are combining salted butter with pumpkin butter to create a creamy, dreamy spread.
How to make this Pumpkin Spice Butter Board
This board will only take a few minutes to assemble. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Butter and pumpkin butter, mixed together in a bowl
- Cinnamon swirl bread, toasted and sliced into triangles
- An apple, sliced into wedges
- Pumpkin seeds, pecans and pomegranate seeds for garnish
Spread the pumpkin butter mixture onto a wood, marble or slate cutting board while the bread is toasting. Then, simply arrange all of your dippers and toppings on and around the butter. Let loose, get creative and have fun with it!
Serve this Pumpkin Spice Butter Board at all of your fall gatherings. It’s great for Halloween parties, Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving, holiday parties and even Christmas.
And when you make yours, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more easy party ideas, try these:
- Butter Board Recipe with Pesto & Roasted Tomatoes
- Harvest Cheese Board
- Cranberry Brie Tartlets using Crescent Rolls
For more pumpkin recipes, try these:
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Burrata Toasts with Fig & Crispy Sage
- Pumpkin Pecan Ice Cream Pie
Pumpkin Spice Butter Board
- 8 oz. salted Irish butter room temperature
- 1 cup prepared pumpkin butter room temperature
- 1 loaf cinnamon swirl bread
- 1 apple
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- fresh sage leaves garnish, optional
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and pumpkin butter.
- Spread butter mixture onto a cutting or serving board.
- Toast the pecans for 2-3 minutes, until aromatic. Arrange over the butter mixture.
- Arrange the pumpkin seeds and pomegranate arils over the butter mixture.
- Toast the bread. Slice into triangles. Arrange around the butter mixture.
- Slice the apple and arrange around the butter mixture. Garnish with fresh sage leaves.