Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
This Quick Pumpkin Spice Bread Recipe is one that everyone needs in their fall food arsenal. It’s got simple ingredients, the process is super easy and it comes out perfect every time. Because although summer is my favorite weather season, fall is definitely my favorite food season. I’m not alone in that, right? Right. We all love fall food.
We love fall food so much that we’re already drinking PSLs and lighting our apple cinnamon Yankee candles the day after Labor Day. But whoa whoa… I am not one to rush the seasons. I sit back, bide my time, and wait for that first 55-degree morning to hit and BAM! Pumpkin Spice Bread. It’s a fitting welcome to the season. And it’s worth the wait.
What is quick bread?
This Pumpkin Spice Bread is the true definition of a quick bread. If we’re being technical, a quick bread’s “true” definition is a bread that can be made without the use of yeast. But my definition of quick is different. I don’t mind yeast, although yes it does add extra time. What I mind most is dragging out the heavy stand mixer and using a million different bowls.
This Pumpkin Spice Bread only uses a hand mixer (super light) and 2 bowls. It comes together in no time. In fact, you may want to double the recipe so you can freeze one loaf for when guests come to visit, it’s that easy to throw together.
What’s in this Quick Pumpkin Spice Bread Recipe
Here is the list of simple ingredients that you’ll need to make this fall favorite:
- all-purpose or gluten-free flour
- canned pumpkin
- spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
Can you use pumpkin pie spice instead of the separate spices that this recipe calls for? Sure. Just use 2 1/2 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice in place of the cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in the recipe.
Can you use real pumpkin instead of canned pumpkin? Sure, but it’s really not necessary and will make a lot of extra work. Canned pumpkin, i.e. pumpkin puree, is God’s gift to fall bakers. Makes everything so much easier.
Serving suggestions for Pumpkin Spice Bread
- Toasted, topped with a scoop of cinnamon ice cream
- Warm, smeared with cream cheese
- With 1 cup of walnuts, raisins or pecans mixed into the batter
When you make this Quick Pumpkin Spice Bread Recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more pumpkin recipes, try these:
For more quick bread recipes, try these:
- Blueberry Almond Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Cinnamon Zucchini Bread with Pecans
Quick Pumpkin Spice Bread Recipe
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 Tbsp raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and pumpkin puree.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove. Whisk together.
- Beat dry ingredients into creamed mixture a little bit at a time, until just combined. Do not overmix. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and sprinkle raw sugar over top. Bake 1 hour 10 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.