What makes it Mulled?
How to make mulled cider
What’s the best alcohol for Spiked Cider?
If you’re not a rum fan, try a good whiskey. Whiskey will give the cider it a slightly spicier, warmer taste than rum.
How to Serve Mulled Spiked Cider
For more festive drink recipes, try these:
Mulled Spiked Cider
Warm apple cider simmered slowly with nutmeg, cinnamon and clove, then spiked with spiced rum – a taste of the season!
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 6 whole nutmeg
- 1/4 cup whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 Tbsp. crystallized ginger chopped
- 1/2 orange sliced
- 1/2 lemon sliced
- Spiced rum
- Cheesecloth optional
- Cinnamon/sugar mixture for rimming optional
- Lay a piece of cheesecloth on a flat surface. Place mulling spices, ginger and fruit in the center of the square, then gather into a satchel and tie with kitchen twine.
- Fill a large pot with the apple cider and add the satchel of mulling spices. If not using cheesecloth, drop mulling spices, ginger and fruit into the cider. Warm over low heat for 1 hour and up to several hours.
- Remove cheesecloth and discard. If not using cheesecloth, strain the cider into a pitcher. Pour into individual mugs and add 1-2 shots of spiced rum per mug.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!