Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
The dreamiest Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
Moist, delicious and full of pumpkin spice with a creamy, addictive frosting
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ground clove
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 8- oz. cream cheese add another 4 oz. if you desire a thicker consistency, room temperature
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. maple extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree and eggs. Add brown sugar, oil, baking pwder, cinnamon, baking soda, clove and nutmeg. Mix together. Add the flour and mix until well-combined.
- Lightly grease a muffin pan or line with baking cups. Pour batter 2/3 of the way to the top of each cup. Bake 28-30 minutes. Allow to cool before frosting.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with an electric hand mixer, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla on medium-high speed for 3-4 minutes. Turn speed down to low and add the powdered sugar. Turn speed back up to medium-high and beat for another 3 minutes. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before frosting the cupcakes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!