There’s such a fresh simplicity about this Tabouli Salad with Quinoa (Tabbouleh). More than anything, it’s just a whole lot of parsley! It’s made by adding chopped tomatoes, lemon juice and bulgur wheat to the predominant parsley. And this version is gluten free because it uses quinoa in place of the traditional bulgur wheat.
The back story
What’s in Tabouli?
A short list of simple ingredients is all you’ll need:
- flat leaf parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
Is Tabouli Salad healthy?
This Tabouli Salad with Quinoa is super healthy! Naturally vegan and gluten free, it’s high in fiber and extremely low in fat and cholesterol. Not to mention all the good vitamins and minerals you get from parsley and tomatoes. So get in there and grab that second helping!
How to serve Tabouli (Tabbouleh)
- Use it to accompany grilled meats, poultry and seafood
- Put a few spoonfuls on top of rich pastas or potato dishes
- Heap it onto gyros and other pita sandwiches
- And, of course, it’s most at home on a mezze platter with hummus and tzatziki.
For more gluten free recipes, try these:
For more vegan recipes, try these:
Tabouli Salad with Quinoa (Tabbouleh)
- 2 cups chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 5 small tomatoes Roma or vine, seeded and diced
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and gently fold to combine. Season with salt and peppe