Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
This Easy Jalapeño Corn Casserole with Cheddar Cheese has migrated from its original post as a side dish for my Blue Ribbon Turkey Chili into its prime time spot on our Thanksgiving Day table. It’s rustic and casual enough to dollop on top of a bowl of chili, yet silky and elegant enough to serve at a holiday meal.
It’s creamy and sweet with just a touch of savory pickled jalapeños. And it could not be an easier or more crowd-pleasing side dish.
What’s in this Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Casserole
Six easy ingredients is all you’ll need to whip up this delicious holiday side dish:
- canned corn
- creamed corn
- sour cream
- corn muffin mix
- pickled jalapeño peppers
- cheddar cheese
Be sure to read the label of the cornbread mix you use for this recipe. Years ago, I was surprised to find out that Jiffy cornbread mix, arguably the most popular choice, contains lard. Today, Jiffy makes a vegetarian version of their cornbread mix that uses vegetable shortening in place of the lard.
I’ll either go for the vegetarian Jiffy brand or another comparable brand. You’re going to need 1 1/2 cups of the mix for this recipe, which equals 1 box of Jiffy and sometimes a little less than 1 box of other brands.
How to make this corn casserole
What to serve with Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Casserole
We’ve already talked about this cheesy corn casserole making a terrific holiday side dish, but if you’re looking for additional opportunities to serve it, here are some of my favorites:
- Spooned over mac and cheese
- As a side dish for barbecued meats
- On the side of fried chicken
- Alongside a bowl of chili
When you make this Easy Jalapeño Corn Casserole with Cheddar Cheese, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more side dish recipes, try these:
- Broccoli and Cheddar Bake
- Brussels Sprouts Casserole with Crispy Onions
- Orange-Scented Cranberry Sauce
For more corn recipes, try these:
Easy Jalapeño Corn Casserole with Cheddar Cheese
- 1 can of corn kernels
- 1 can of creamed corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. diced pickled jalapenos
- 1 1/2 cups corn muffin mix
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl except for the cheddar cheese. Spread mixture in a greased 9×13 baking dish. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over top, and place back into the oven for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven, slice and serve.
I’ve made this recipe a number of times… it NEVER disappoints… LOVED BY ALL!!!
Thanks so much for making it! So glad you loved it!