Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
The easy way to the best fried chicken ever
Do I need a deep fryer to make Best-Ever Fried Chicken? (Spoiler: no)
Best-Ever Fried Chicken
Make crispy, flavorful, restaurant-quality fried chicken at home with this simple, no-brine recipe
- 4 lbs boneless skinless, chicken breast
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- 5 cups flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 egg whites beaten
- 4 Tbsp vodka
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 5 Tbsp cornstarch
- Rinse chicken breasts with water and pat dry with paper towels. Set a wire rack over a large baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine buttermilk, egg whites, vodka, salt, paprika, hot sauce and pepper. Whisk in the baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and cornstarch. Working piece by piece, dredge chicken in flour, then buttermilk mixture, then back in flour. Set each piece on the wire rack.
- Fill deep fryer with oil and heat to 350 degrees. Alternately, heat 1 inch of oil in a large, deep pan over medium heat (continue to add more oil as it gets absorbed during the frying process). Deep fry for 7 minutes. Pan fry for 6-8 minutes on each side, until skin is golden and crispy. Drain the chicken on wire rack.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply