Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Summer’s here, school is out and the basil is growing tall in the garden. So that means Bowtie Pesto Pasta Salad! From the time they were little babies, both of my kids have always been a big fat yes to pesto pasta. It never fails! And this pasta salad is a celebration of all of our favorite things, making everyone happy and full.
Making the BEST Pesto Sauce
- fresh basil
- Parmesan cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- pine nuts (optional, but delicious)
- salt and pepper
What’s in this Bowtie Pesto Pasta Salad
- bowtie pasta (Mini Me’s favorite)
- mozzarella pearls (The Prince’s favorite)
- sweet summer corn
- ripe grape tomatoes
Should pesto pasta be served warm or cold?
For more pesto recipes, try these:
- Sun-Dried Tomato & Pesto Torte
- Sausage & Pesto Calzone
- Polenta Rounds with Pesto Chicken & Roasted Red Peppers
For more summer pasta recipes, try these:
Bowtie Pesto Pasta Salad
- 1 lb. farfalle pasta
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ears of corn
- 2 cups mozzarella pearls
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes chopped
- Boil and drain the pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
- In a blender, puree the basil, Parmesan, garlic, pine nuts, salt, pepper and olive oil until smooth.
- Grill or boil the corn. If boiling, set the corn into a large pot of cold water. Bring just to a boil, then remove from heat. Using a sharp knife, shave the kernels off the cobs and discard.
- Toss the pasta with the pesto sauce. Fold in the remaining ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to serve.