Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: N/A
What is a Torte?
What’s in this Sun-Dried Tomato & Pesto Torte?
The Magic of Pesto
How to serve this Sun-Dried Tomato & Pesto Torte
Sun-Dried Tomato & Pesto Torte
An elegant Italian spread with creamy layers of tangy tomatoes, garlicky basil pesto & whipped cream cheese
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 2/3 cups cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
Make the Pesto Layer:
- In a food processor, combine the garlic, basil, pine nuts, olive oil and lemon juice. Add the Parmesan cheese and 1/3 cup of cream cheese and blend well. Transfer to a bowl.
Make the Sun-dried Tomato Layer:
- Wash the food processor. Coarsely chop the tomatoes in the food processor. Add the tomato paste and blend smooth. Then add 1/3 cup cream cheese and blend well.
Make The Cream Cheese Layer:
- Wash the food processor. Combine 2 cups of cream cheese and the butter until fluffy. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow glass bowl or baking dish, spread the sun-dried tomato layer evenly and press down slightly. Smooth the cream cheese layer over top. Finish with the pesto layer. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with additional pine nuts and basil leaves. Serve with crackers or baguette slices.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!