Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Passover Apple Cake vs. Jewish Apple Cake
What’s in this Passover Apple Cake
Passover Apple Cake
Juicy apples drenched in cinnamon sugar, easy to make and Kosher for Passover – a delicious addition to your seder!
- 6 eggs room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups cake meal
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3-4 medium sized apples peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 2 tsp. sugar + 1 tsp. cinnamon mixture
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Toss the sliced apples in the cinnamon sugar mixture and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs well. Gradually add the sugar, oil and vanilla, mixing well after each addition. Add cake meal and blend well.
- Pour half of the cake batter into the pan, smooth, and arrange half of the apple slices over the batter in a single layer. Repeat with one more layer of batter and apples.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing into squares.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!