Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes + chilling
What does flourless cake taste like?
How to make this Flourless Chocolate Cake
How to make the Raspberry Swirled Cream
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Swirled Cream
Elegant and rich in chocolate flavor, make this restaurant-quality dessert at home!
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz. milk chocolate chips
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp. instant espresso powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
The Whipped Cream
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 8 oz. raspberries pureed to yield 1/4 cup
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Lay a springform pan on a piece of parchment paper and trace around it with a pencil. Cut out the circle. Spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray. Lay the parchment circle in the pan and then spray the parchment paper. Wrap the bottom half of the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Place the pan into a large roasting pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter and both chocolates. Over the lowest heat, melt everything together until smooth. Quickly remove from heat and pour into a separate bowl. In a small bowl, combine the espresso powder and vanilla and stir. Pour the espresso mixture into the chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with an electric mixer until they start to lose color, about 8 minutes. Beat in the salt. In two or three stages, start adding the eggs to the chocolate mixture and gently fold in. (It will take some time until everything is thoroughly incorporated – just be patient and slow with it). Pour the batter into the prepared springform pan.
- Place the roasting pan into the oven and pour warm water until it comes about 1/3 of the way up the springform pan. Bake for 35 minutes until set.
- Remove the springform pan from the roasting pan, take off the aluminum foil and allow to cool to room temperature. Then cover and place the pan into the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the whipped cream and sugar on high speed until firm peaks form, about 5-6 minutes. Once it reaches the desired consistency, gently fold in the pureed raspberries.
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator, release it from the springform pan and slide it onto a serving dish. Top with whipped cream and additional berries.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!