As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com.
If you’re looking for a flavorful and satisfying way to get your daily dose of lean protein, I’ve got you. Try these Italian chicken tenders!
They’re oven baked without any bread crumbs and coated in a bold, homemade Italian seasoning blend that you’ll love!
This simple recipe is made in just one baking dish and is ready in under 30 minutes.
Serve these naked chicken fingers with your favorite dipping sauce or as part of a full course low carb meal.
Healthy cooking on busy weeknights has never been easier!
What’s in this Oven Baked Chicken Tenderloins Recipe
All you really need for this easy recipe is chicken and seasonings. Here’s the full rundown:
- Boneless skinless chicken tenderloins. Buy them already sliced or buy regular chicken breasts and slice them into tenders by hand.
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Sesame seeds
- Red pepper flakes
How to Make Italian Baked Chicken Tenders
Put all of your seasoning ingredients into a shallow dish and mix them well. Then, simply press the chicken strips into the seasonings so that it sticks to all sides.
Now, put the chicken pieces into a baking dish and drizzle them with extra virgin olive oil.
Then, simply bake them. It’s that easy!
To what temperature should chicken be cooked?
To ensure the chicken tenderloins are cooked perfectly, it’s recommended to cook them to an internal temperature of 165°F.
The best way to monitor internal temperature is with a meat thermometer. If you don’t have a thermometer, slice the tenders open to make sure you don’t see any pink.
Cooking time will vary depending on your oven, but most ovens will take about 20 minutes to cook the chicken tenders through.
Note that chicken tenderloin recipes will always require less cooking time than regular chicken breast recipes.
Serving Suggestions for Oven Baked Chicken Tenders
The best part about this healthier chicken tender recipe is its versatility. There are so many great ways to serve it! Here are some ideas:
- Salads: Serve these Italian baked chicken tenderloins on top of a salad of mixed greens or a classic Caesar salad.
- Dipping Sauces: Dunk these chicken tenders in marinara sauce, Italian or ranch dressing, or even honey mustard sauce.
- Pasta Accompaniment: Pair these oven baked chicken breast tenders with a pasta dressed in a light marinara or pesto sauce.
- Grilled Vegetables: Roast or grill a variety of vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini and cherry tomatoes to complement the Italian flavors.
- Cauliflower Rice: For a low-carb option, serve the chicken over cauliflower rice seasoned with garlic and herbs.
- Bread Basket: Offer a basket of crusty Italian bread or garlic knots on the side for those who prefer a heartier meal.
Variations on this Oven Baked Italian Chicken Tenders Recipe
- Fresh Herb Infusion: If you have any fresh herbs, swap them in for the dried ones in the Italian seasoning mix! You’ll need to double the measurements that you see in the recipe card for dried herbs. For example, you’ll need 2 teaspoons of fresh parsley in place of 1 teaspoon of dried parsley.
- Garlic Parmesan: Reduce the amount of dried herbs and use fresh garlic instead of garlic powder. Increase the amount of grated Parmesan cheese and add a touch of lemon juice for a savory and zesty twist.
- Southwestern Style: Combine cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika and salt for a homemade Tex Mex seasoning blend.
- Mediterranean Style: Pulse sun-dried tomatoes, Kalamata olives, and feta cheese in a food processor. Add them to the Italian seasoning blend (minus the Parmesan) for a Mediterranean flavor variation.
How to Store Oven Baked Chicken Tenders
If you have leftover chicken tenders, place them into an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator. Alternatively, wrap them in aluminum foil or seal them in a Ziploc bag.
They will stay fresh in the fridge for several days. Reheat them in the microwave or a warm oven.
When you make this Italian baked chicken tenderloin recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more easy chicken recipes, try these:
- Blackened Chicken Tenders Recipe (Popeyes Copycat)
- Best Ever Chicken Piccata (One Pan Recipe)
- String Bean Chicken Recipe (Just like Panda Express!)
For more low carb recipes, try these:
- Herb Crusted Chicken (Texas Roadhouse Style)
- Roasted Fish with Cherry Tomatoes (One Pan Recipe)
- Texas Style Chili (No Beans Recipe)
Oven Baked Italian Chicken Tenders (No Breading)
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast tenderloins
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except for the chicken in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge chicken tenderloins in the seasoning blend on both sides, pressing to adhere. Arrange chicken in a single layer in an ungreased baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 15 minutes. Flip the chicken and bake another 5-10 minutes until golden brown. Transfer chicken tenders to a serving dish and serve warm.