Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
The best-ever Classic Caesar Salad dressing
The Sourdough Croutons
Classic Caesar Salad with Sourdough Croutons
This is the only Caesar dressing recipe you'll ever need! Restaurant tableside-style!
- 4 anchovy filets mashed with a fork
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated, divided
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce chopped
- 4 cups sourdough bread cubed
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Spread bread cubes out onto a baking sheet. Drizzle generously with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bake 1 hour. Let cool.
- In a bowl, whisk anchovies, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Whisking, slowly pour in the olive oil. Continue to whisk until fully combined. Whisk in 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Wash and chop the lettuce. Toss with the dressing and croutons. Divide the lettuce among 2 bowls (four bowls if serving as side salads). Garnish with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!