As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com.
Calling all bourbon lovers! If you like cream liqueurs like Bailey’s, you’re going to love making your own bourbon cream at home!
This bourbon cream recipe is incredibly rich and delicious – and insanely easy to make! Enjoy it on the rocks, stir it into coffee or mix it into your favorite drink recipes.
The possibilities are endless!
What is Bourbon Cream?
Bourbon cream, in its essence, is a delicious fusion of bourbon whiskey and creamy liqueur. It combines the robust and slightly sweet notes of bourbon with the lush, smooth texture of real cream.
The result is a rich, indulgent drink that’s incredible on its on or mixed into a variety of concoctions.
The origins of bourbon cream can be traced back to the heart of bourbon country in Kentucky. It was likely inspired by the success of Irish cream liqueurs like Bailey’s, which combined Irish whiskey and real dairy cream.
Bourbon producers decided to get on board and create their own versions. Buffalo Trace Distillery releases their own Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream each year – some parts of the US can find it seasonally, and others can find it year round.
Ingredients for this Homemade Bourbon Cream Recipe
Just a few simple ingredients is all you’ll need to craft this delicious beverage at home:
- Quality bourbon
- Heavy whipping cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Instant espresso powder
- Vanilla extract
What type of bourbon is best for homemade bourbon cream?
With so many types of bourbon on the market, it can get confusing. I always recommend that, if you’re combining bourbon with other ingredients, don’t go for the most expensive kind.
In the end, it comes down to personal preference. I always encourage people to try different types of bourbon. Taste testing is fun! You’ll settle on your favorite bourbon and go from there.
How to Make Bourbon Cream
This is super easy. Just pour all of your ingredients into a blender and blend them really well.
Transfer the bourbon cream to an airtight container (mason jars work well) and store it in the refrigerator.
How to Enjoy Homemade Bourbon Cream
You’ll never run out of ways to enjoy homemade bourbon cream. Here are just a few ideas:
- Sipping Neat: The most straightforward way to enjoy bourbon cream is to sip it neat, allowing the harmonious flavors to shine. Serve it over ice in a rocks glass for a chilled, smooth experience. Similar to egg nog during the holiday season, but way better!
- Add it to a Hot Bev: Add a splash of bourbon cream to hot coffee or hot chocolate. Top it with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup for a festive and cozy twist.
- Dessert Enhancement: Drizzle bourbon cream over desserts like brownies, vanilla ice cream, or bread pudding. Its sweet and creamy profile elevates the flavor of your favorite treats.
- Cocktails: Bourbon cream can be a star ingredient in cocktails. Make a Bourbon Cream White Russian with coffee liqueur or a Bourbon Cream Martini with vodka.
How to Store Bourbon Cream
Store your bourbon cream in a well-sealed container in the refrigerator.
It will last as long as the heavy cream lasts, so be sure to check the expiration date on your cream before you use it in the recipe.
When you make this homemade bourbon cream recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more recipes for bourbon lovers, try these:
- Cranberry Orange Whiskey Sour
- Pumpkin Pie Bourbon Cocktail with Ginger & Orange
- Fig Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe
How to Make Homemade Bourbon Cream (Easy DIY Recipe)
- 1 1/2 cups quality bourbon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp. espresso powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pour all ingredients into a blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Transfer to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator.