Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Bread pudding is one of the most versatile desserts out there. Packed with seasonal berries and topped with vanilla ice cream – a beautiful summer dessert. Spiced with cinnamon and sugar and drizzled with caramel sauce – a warming winter treat. But my favorite bread pudding is this Chocolate Chip Brioche Bread Pudding. Because, you know. Isn’t everything better when it’s loaded with chocolate chips?
What you need to make Chocolate Chip Brioche Bread Pudding
You’ll make a custard out of the eggs, sugar and half-and-half and pour it over the bread and chocolate chips. So easy.
Is bread pudding better served warm or cold?
What about a sauce to top bread pudding?
When you make this Chocolate Chip Brioche Bread Pudding, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more chocolatey desserts, try these:
For more desserts with less than 10 ingredients, try these:
- Easy Blueberry Bread Pudding with Cream Cheese & Brioche
- Chocolate Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
- Stovetop Rice Pudding
Chocolate Chip Brioche Bread Pudding
- 8 Kings Hawaiian hamburger buns or other brand of brioche rolls
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips plus more for sprinkling on top
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Tear hamburger buns into bite-sized pieces. Toss in a large bowl with the chocolate chips. Pour bread and chocolate chips into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and sugar together. Add half-and-half and vanilla and whisk to combine. Pour custard over the bread mixture. If necessary, press down on the bread to make sure it is all covered with custard. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips over top.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until the top is a golden brown color and custard is set. Allow to cool 20 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature with a big scoop of salted caramel ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.