Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes + 2 hours chilling
What you need to make this Milk Chocolate Mousse Tart
Special Equipment for Milk Chocolate Mousse Tart
Milk Chocolate Mousse Tart
A dark chocolate cookie crust filled with rich, creamy milk chocolate mousse – an easy and elegant dessert!
- 10 oz. chocolate sandwich cookies like Oreos (approximately 26 cookies)
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- 12 oz. milk chocolate chips
- 8 oz. heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh mixed berries rinsed and dried
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a tart pan with a removable bottom on top of a sheet of parchment paper. Trace a circle around the pan, and cut it out. Place the parchment circle into the pan. Coat the parchment and sides of the pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place cookies into a food processor and pulse until cookies are crumbled into a semi-fine crumb. With the motor running on low, pour the melted butter through the feeder of the food processor until just combined. Dump the crust into the tart pan and press firmly down and up the sides until the pan is covered. Bake for 8 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a double boiler set over medium heat, melt the chocolate and vanilla extract until smooth, stirring often. Fold the melted chocolate into the whipped cream. Do this slowly to avoid breaking the air bubbles. Pour mixture into the cooled tart crust. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour and up to several hours.
- When ready to serve, uncover the tart and arrange berries on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!