Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
I had grilled feta for the first time at a tiny Greek BYOB in Philadelphia. I still consider it to be one of the best kept secrets in the city, and I’ve been a loyal patron for 20 years. My version of Grilled Feta with Tomatoes and Peppers takes me back there every time!
And don’t worry if it isn’t grilling season. You can duplicate the experience right in the oven.
Can you heat up feta cheese?
Does grilled or baked feta melt?
Once you’ve had grilled feta cheese, it’s hard to go back!
The Toppings for Grilled Greek Feta
- Tomatoes: Use whatever kind you can get your hands on. Right now, I have loads of big, green tomatoes in my garden that I’m (im)patiently waiting for to ripen. The cherry tomatoes, on the other hand, are out of control. So I cut them into halves and pile them on top of the feta cheese before I put it on the grill.
- Banana peppers: They aren’t spicy in the least. They add a really nice tang and complement the salty cheese perfectly.
- Fresh oregano: I grab handfuls of it out of my herb box whenever I’m making Greek or Italian dishes. Fresh oregano leaves are velvety soft and really aromatic. They add a beautiful, indulgent flavor to whatever you’re cooking.
How to serve Grilled Greek Feta
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more Greek-inspired recipes, try these:
For more easy appetizers, try these:
Grilled Feta with Tomatoes and Peppers
- 8-12 oz brick of quality Greek or Israeli feta cheese
- 1-2 Roma tomatoes sliced (or 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 1 sweet banana pepper sliced
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano rough chopped
- olive oil & fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat grill or conventional oven to 400 degrees. Place feta onto a piece of aluminum foil and arrange slices of tomato and banana pepper on top.
- Place foil directly onto the grill or oven rack. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the cheese begin to brown.
- Remove from grill or oven and drizzle with olive oil. Top with chopped oregano and fresh cracked pepper. Serve with soft pita or pita chips.