Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: N/A
What is a Panzanella Salad?
Halloumi Cheese: Meet your new obsession
Greek Panzanella Salad w/ Fresh Oregano Vinaigrette
Crusty bread, pan-fried halloumi cheese, fresh garden herbs and veggies
- 3 hearts of romaine lettuce washed and chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cucumber sliced and cut into quarters
- 8 oz. halloumi cheese
- 1/2 loaf of ciabatta or Italian bread cubed
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 Tbsp. fresh oregano minced
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, or set grill to 400 degrees. Slice the Halloumi lengthwise and place directly in pan or on grill. Cook until browned, then flip and cook until both sides are browned. Remove from pan or grill and set aside.
- Toss the bread cubes in olive oil until lightly coated. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and cook until golden brown and toasted, tossing frequently. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Make the dressing: Whisk vinegar and mustard together. Whisking constantly, slowing pour in the oil until well combined. Whisk in the oregano.
- Arrange lettuce among 4 dinner plates. Add remaining ingredients and pour dressing over top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Erika Pertoll says
I check what’s cooking regularly. Could you please use darker or bolder print for the recipes titles?
We will definitely work on making that change, thank you!