How spicy are jalapeños?
Staying safe while making Tex Mex Jalapeño Poppers
Tex Mex Jalapeño Poppers
Make these fun and easy appetizers with a cheesy filling and just the right amount of heat for your next party!
- 12 jalapeño peppers
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tsp. taco seasoning
- 3 strips thick-cut bacon
- scallions for garnish optional
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp. sweet paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash the peppers, remove stems and slice in half lengthwise. Remove all seeds and white membranes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and taco seasoning.
- Fry the bacon in a nonstick skillet. Allow to cool, then dice.
- Stuff each pepper half with the cream cheese mixture and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with diced bacon and chopped scallions.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!