As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com.
The Starbucks turkey bacon sandwich is one of my favorite breakfasts in the world!
A warm English muffin with fluffy egg whites, sharp cheddar cheese and crispy turkey bacon is right up my alley.
It’s not always easy to find healthier menu items in a fast food setting. And trying to find turkey bacon anywhere is like, impossible. So this egg white turkey bacon sandwich is a good option for me when I’m on the go.
Now you don’t need to make a Starbucks run to enjoy this healthy and delicious breakfast sandwich. It’s easy to make right in your own kitchen!
What’s in this Starbucks Turkey Bacon Sandwich Recipe
A short list of simple ingredients is all you’ll need to make this egg white breakfast sandwich:
- Large eggs. We’re only using the egg whites, so another option is to use liquid egg whites. They’re a more affordable dupe for whole eggs.
- Whole wheat English muffins
- White cheddar cheese. Find this in the deli section of your grocery store. The original Starbucks recipe uses reduced-fat white cheddar cheese.
- Turkey bacon. My favorite is uncured Applewood bacon.
How to Make Egg White Turkey Bacon Sandwiches
Bake the Eggs
Secret tip: Add a splash of water for extra fluffiness.
Season your egg whites with salt and pepper, and then pour them into a square baking dish. An 8×8 baking dish is the perfect size.
Bake the eggs for 20 minutes.
Cook the Bacon
While the eggs are baking, cook the bacon. Since turkey bacon has a lower fat content than regular bacon, you’ll want to coat a pan with nonstick cooking spray before cooking it.
Then, just fry the bacon until it’s crispy on both sides. Set the bacon on a paper towel to rest.
People sometimes like to cook their bacon in the oven on a baking sheet alongside the eggs. While you could certainly do this, you won’t get the crispy texture that you’ll get from pan frying the bacon.
Cut out the Eggs
Once your eggs are baked, use a 3-inch biscuit cutter to cut out circles. If you don’t have a biscuit cutter, use the rim of a glass.
Save the excess egg whites in an airtight container for another purpose.
Assemble the sandwiches
No need to toast the English muffin in advance!
Simply stack one slice of cheese, the egg, one slice of turkey bacon (broken in half) and another slice of cheese between the English muffin and place the whole sandwich onto a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Cover the sandwich with a lid and let the cheese melt and English muffin get toasty.
Now it’s time for breakfast!
Can you meal prep this Starbucks turkey bacon sandwich?
Do you think that Starbucks makes each turkey bacon sandwich fresh? No they do not.
If you prep these delicious breakfast sandwiches on a Sunday, you’ll have breakfast set for the whole week!
Just prepare the sandwiches according to the instructions in the recipe card and wrap them individually in aluminum foil. I find that storing them in foil keeps the English muffin crispier than plastic wrap.
The next time you want to enjoy a sandwich, reheat it in the toaster oven or air fryer for 2-3 minutes. So easy!
Variations on this Starbucks Turkey Bacon Sandwich Recipe
There are so many different ways to customize this recipe! Here are some ideas:
1. The cheese. Play around with the flavors different cheese like gouda cheese, swiss cheese or good ol’ American (my favorite).
2. The bread. Try an artisan roll, ciabatta rolls or whole grain bread.
3. The bacon. For an alternative to turkey bacon, go full throttle with double-smoked bacon. And for a meatless alternative, create your own Impossible breakfast sandwich using Impossible meatless sausage (another Starbucks menu item!).
These Starbucks egg white turkey bacon sandwiches are a great breakfast that the whole family will love!
And when you make them, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below.
For more easy breakfasts, try these:
- Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
- Breakfast Charcuterie Board
- Healthy Banana Nut Muffins (Gluten Free Dairy Free)
For more Starbucks copycat recipes, try these:
- Iced Mocha Macchiato Recipe (Starbucks Copycat)
- Starbucks Grilled Cheese at Home
- White Hot Chocolate Recipe (Easy Starbucks Copycat)
Egg White Turkey Bacon Sandwich (Starbucks Copycat)
- 12 large eggs or 1 1/2 cups liquid egg whites
- 4 whole wheat English muffins
- 4 strips turkey bacon
- 8 slices white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Discard the egg yolks and put the egg whites into a mixing bowl. Beat egg whites with a whisk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg whites into the prepared baking dish. Bake eggs for 20 minutes, until set.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Set onto paper towels. Wipe the pan clean.
- Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter or the rim of a glass, cut 4 circles in out of the baked egg whites.
- Assemble the sandwiches: split the English muffins in half. Layer one slice of cheese, egg, bacon and another slice of cheese on the bottom half of the English muffin. Place the top half on.
- Heat the same nonstick pan over medium-low heat. Place a sandwich in the pan. Cover with a lid until the cheese melts. Remove from pan and enjoy.