Prep Time: 1 hour (30 minutes active)
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Baking with Puff Pastry Dough
How to make Blackberry Goat Cheese Twists
Serving options for Blackberry Goat Cheese Twists
Blackberry Goat Cheese Twists
Jammy berries and tangy, creamy cheese twisted in flaky puff pastry and topped with lemon-thyme sugar
- 1 package of puff pastry 2 sheets
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 oz. goat cheese
- zest of 2 lemons
- 4 tsp. raw sugar
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme minced
- 1 egg
- Combine the blackberries, water, lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Smash the berries against the sides of the saucepan with a wooden spoon to break them up. Allow to cool to room temperature. (Jam can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator).
- While the jam is cooling, remove the puff pastry from the freezer and thaw at room temperature for 20-25 minutes. Roll one sheet of dough out onto a floured surface in a rectangular shape. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Spread 1/2 of the jam evenly across the dough, followed by sprinkling 1/2 of the goat cheese over the jam. Make 12 vertical slices in the dough, approximately 1″ in diameter. Fold the strips in half from top to bottom, so that each strip is now half as long as it was before. Holding opposite ends of one strip, twist in opposite directions, gently pulling the dough to stretch it longer as you twist. Don’t worry if jam or cheese falls out. Repeat this process with each strip and place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat the above process with the second sheet of puff pastry.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine the lemon zest, sugar and thyme in a small bowl. Whisk the egg with 1 Tbsp. of water and brush the twists with the egg wash. Sprinkle the twists with lemon-thyme sugar. Bake 20 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!