Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
The magic of Whipped Goat Cheese
What you need for this Garden Tomato Tart
An easy crust for this Garden Tomato & Whipped Goat Cheese Tart
Garden Tomato & Whipped Goat Cheese Tart
Ripe tomatoes and garden-fresh herbs layered with tangy, creamy goat cheese in flaky puff pastry
- 1 package of frozen puff pastry dough
- 2 1/2 lbs. vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes not packed in oil
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 12 oz. goat cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 egg white beaten
- Core and slice the tomatoes into thin slices and place in a large bowl.
- Place the sun dried tomatoes, herbs, salt, pepper and garlic into a food processor and blend until finely minced. With the motor running, slowly pour the olive oil in a steady stream until combined into a paste. Gently toss the mixture with the tomatoes.
- Rinse out the food processor, then add the goat cheese and Parmesan. Whip until smooth. You may have to stop the motor a few times to scrape down the edges of the bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Thaw both sheets of puff pastry according to the package directions. Roll both sheets out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, pressing the seams together. You should end up with approximately a 9×13 rectangle. Prick the entire pastry with a fork. Brush the dough with the beaten egg white. Spread the goat cheese mixture evenly over the dough. Layer the tomato slices in an overlapping pattern, lengthwise. Top with any remaining herb oil. Bake 35-40 minutes, until pastry is puffed and golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!