A salad is only as good as its dressing, and this Avocado Lime Ranch Salad Dressing recipe will make any salad instantly amazing! It’s low carb, gluten free, keto-friendly and seriously addictive. If you like classic ranch dressing, you’re going to love this!
This tangy, creamy dressing is nice and thick, so it can double as a dip for raw veggies and chips. Let’s make it!
Ingredients for this Avocado Ranch Dressing Recipe
You’ll be able to whip up this easy recipe in no time. With just a few simple ingredients, you’re there! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ripe avocado. It’s ok if the avocado is a little mushy, as long as it hasn’t turned black.
- Mayonnaise. Full fat is best. Low fat mayo just doesn’t taste the same.
- Sour cream. I often use low fat sour cream and still get the same creamy texture, so it’s an option if you’re looking to cut a few calories. You could also substitute Greek yogurt.
- Limes. We’ll be using both the lime juice and lime zest for this dressing.
- Dried parsley
- Dried onion
- Dried garlic
I like to keep dried ranch seasonings (onion, parsley, garlic and salt) in a mason jar in the pantry so that I can throw this recipe together any time the craving hits.
How to Make Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
No slicing, dicing or chopping here! Simply place all of your ingredients into a blender or food processor until smooth. If you like a thinner consistency, add a little water, one tablespoon at a time, until it’s how you like it.
If you have time to make this avocado ranch dressing recipe in advance, you’ll get the best results when the flavors have time to mellow together.
Uses for this Creamy Avocado Ranch Dressing
We all know that person who puts ranch dressing on everything, don’t we? I can’t really blame those people. Ranch dressing is amazing. Here are some of my favorite ways to enjoy it:
- Pour it on salads, obvi. Try my Southwestern Chicken Salad. It’s a perfect match for this dressing.
- Toss with cold pasta and veggies for a ranch-style pasta salad.
- Use as a condiment for burgers, chicken and even pizza.
- Serve as a dip for fresh veggies or potato chips.
Can you use fresh herbs instead of dried herbs?
You can definitely use fresh herbs in this recipe instead of dried, although it’s not necessary. If you want to substitute fresh for dried, use 2 teaspoons of fresh parsley in place of 1 teaspoon of dried.
You could also add 2 tsp. of fresh cilantro to amp up those Southwestern flavors.
Can you use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream?
Plain Greek yogurt can be substituted for sour cream in this recipe. You could also try regular plain yogurt, but the results would not be as tangy as if you used the Greek variety.
How to Store this Homemade Avocado Ranch Dressing
Keep this creamy avocado dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last for up to a week. We love having it on hand for dipping, drizzling and spreading!
This Avocado Lime Ranch Salad Dressing & Dip takes ranch dressing to a whole new level! I can’t wait for you to try it. And when you make it, let me know! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more homemade salad dressing recipes, try these:
For more creamy dip recipes, try these:
Avocado Lime Ranch Salad Dressing & Dip Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lime
- 1 avocado pitted, skins removed
- 1/2 Tbsp. dried minced onion
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Zest and juice the lime. Place zest and juice into a blender or food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients. Process until smooth. Add 1 Tbsp. water for a thinner consistency.