What’s in this Butternut Squash & Kale Salad?
The Magical Chipotle Chili in Adobo
Butternut Squash & Kale Salad w/ Chipotle Ranch Dressing
A seasonal blend of creamy squash, crisp kale, tart cranberries & salty pepitas
- 1 1/2 lbs. butternut squash cubed
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cups Tuscan kale rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup salted pepitas
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. minced chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss the cubed squash with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread onto a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.
- While the squash is roasting, toast the pine nuts: Heat the pine nuts in a small, dry frying pan over medium heat. Continue to move them around the pan until they start to brown and become fragrant. Remove onto a paper towel.
- To make the dressing, place all ingredients in a glass jar or plastic container with a lid. Seal tightly and shake vigorously until all ingredients are combined.
- Assemble the salad ingredients in a large bowl, place roasted squash on top and dress generously.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply