Servings: 2-3 dozen
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
What makes these Chocolate Chip Cookies “ultimate”?
The chewiest Chocolate Chip Cookies ever
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft, chewy and loaded with chocolate chips, these cookies are easy to make and feed a crowd!
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar I use dark brown
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the vegetable shortening and sugar until fluffy. Add the milk, vanilla and egg, in that order and continue to mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips with a mixing spoon or spatula.
- Drop batter in rounded tablespoons onto the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden in color. Remember that the cookies will continue to bake on the baking sheet for a few minutes after you remove them from the oven. Allow them to cool completely on the baking sheet.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!