Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
What is Pimento Cheese?
How to make Pimento Mac & Cheese
Pimento Mac & Cheese
Southern-style macaroni with sharp cheddar, pepper jack and pimento peppers for a little kick and lots of creaminess
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese grated
- 4 oz. jar of pimento peppers diced
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- chopped scallions for garnish optional
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook for 8-9 minutes, until al dente. Drain macaroni and set aside.
- In the same pot over medium low heat, add the butter. Once the butter is melted, add the flour and whisk until bubbly, about 1 minute. Add the salt, pepper and dry mustard and cook another 1 minute. Pour in the milk and raise the heat to high, stirring constantly.
- Bring the milk to a boil and then reduce to low heat. Stir in the cheese and pimentos until the mixture is creamy. Remove from heat and stir in the macaroni. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!