Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
What makes these Maryland Crab Cakes herby?
How to make Herby Maryland Crab Cakes
Herby Maryland Crab Cakes
Easy and elegant crab cakes made with fresh herbs and lemon with minimal fillers for lots of fresh crab flavor
- 2 lbs. lump crab meat
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh tarragon minced
- 3 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 2 Tbsp. scallions diced
- Canola oil for frying
- Combine all ingredients except for the crab meat in a large bowl. Gently fold in the crab meat, being careful not to break it up too much. Wet your hands and form the mixture into cakes the size of hockey pucks.
- Heat about 1 inch of canola oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop the crab cakes into the oil and cook about 4-5 minutes on each side, until both sides are a golden brown color. Remove with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel-lined platter. Serve with additional parsley and lemon wedges.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!