As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com.
These low carb chicken muffins check all the boxes.
High protein? Check. Low carb? Check? Quick and easy to make? Check. Delicious? Check check check.
These savory muffins are basically meatloaf muffins without any filler. They’re loaded with lean chicken, vegetables, sharp cheese and spices to create a satisfying meal that’s also high in protein and nutrients.
It’s super simple to make this healthy meal that the whole family will love – in under an hour!
What’s in this Chicken Muffins Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need to make these savory chicken muffins:
- Ground chicken breast
- Frozen mixed vegetables
- Cheddar cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
How to Make Low Carb Chicken Muffins
Making these protein-packed muffins couldn’t be easier. Simply combine all of the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
Then, spoon the chicken mixture into a muffin tin.
Don’t hold back in filling the muffin molds all the way to the top. Remember, meat muffins are the opposite of traditional muffins because while regular muffins will expand during baking, meat muffins shrink. So don’t worry about them overflowing – they won’t!
Sprinkle some extra cheese on top before you bake your chicken muffins, and in 30 minutes they’ll be ready to enjoy.
Serving these Chicken Muffins
- Pair with a Salad: Serve chicken muffins alongside a fresh, crisp salad for a full-course low carb meal. Choose a variety of greens, cherry tomatoes and a light vinaigrette.
- Pair with a Starch: Savory chicken muffins go nicely with a baked potato, rice pilaf or cooked quinoa for a well-balanced meal.
- Snack on the Go: Grab a chicken muffin for a high protein snack on the go. It’s a convenient option for a quick energy boost during busy days.
- Dipping Sauces: Kids love these meatloaf muffins with ketchup for dipping, but you can elevate the dipping options by trying hummus, a yogurt-based dipping sauce or even tomato sauce.
Variations on this Chicken Muffin Recipe
- Mediterranean Style: Incorporate sun dried tomatoes, feta cheese, and Kalamata olives for a Mediterranean twist. Top with a dollop of tzatziki sauce for a refreshing touch.
- Spicy Southwest: Add corn, black beans and a splash of hot sauce for a kick of heat. Top with salsa and chopped green onions for some Tex Mex flair.
- Pesto Parmesan: Mix in basil pesto and swap in mozzarella cheese for the cheddar in the recipe card for a burst of Italian flavors. Serve with a side of marinara sauce for dipping.
- Curry Fusion: Infuse curry powder, turmeric and coriander into the batter for a unique fusion of flavors. Top with a yogurt-based cucumber raita for a cooling contrast.
1. Vegetables. Frozen mixed veggies are a super convenient, but fresh veggies can certainly be used instead. Try diced bell pepper, onions and mushrooms for great texture and flavor.
2. Protein. This recipe is delicious with ground turkey, lean ground beef and lean ground pork as well.
How to Store Chicken Muffins
Store leftover chicken muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will stay fresh for several days.
If you’d like to store them for longer, wrap each chicken muffin individually in plastic wrap and place them into a larger freezer bag.
When you make this low carb chicken muffins recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more high protein recipes, try these:
- Herb Crusted Chicken (Texas Roadhouse Style)
- Roasted Fish with Cherry Tomatoes
- Chicken Chesapeake with Maryland Crab
Low Carb Chicken Muffins Recipe (Easy and Healthy)
- 1 standard size muffin pan
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 16 oz. bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a standard size muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Thaw the vegetables at room temperature, or steam them in the microwave according to package directions.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Spoon the meat mixture into each muffin cup, filling all the way to the top.
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with additional cheese, if desired. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing cooked chicken muffins from the pan. Serve warm.