Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
This recipe for Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread has been around for so long that sometimes I forget just how good it is. When people lose their minds over it, I have sometimes thought, “What’s the big deal? It’s just banana bread.” It really is that good. And now with a gluten free option, even more people can get in on the fun.
What’s in this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy banana bread:
- all-purpose or gluten-free flour
- unsalted butter
- ripe bananas
- semisweet chocolate chips
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
How ripe should bananas be for banana bread?
Bananas can never be too ripe for baking! Unless, of course, they’re getting moldy. In that case, throw them away. But even if the skins are black and they’re totally mushy inside, it’s all good. Bake away.
If you’re dying to make this Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread but your bananas aren’t ripe yet, put them in a paper bag and fold over the top. If you have any other ripe fruit or veggies in the house, put them into the bag too. This will speed up the ripening process.
How to make this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Small bowl: mash up the bananas and milk
- Medium bowl: whisk the flour, baking soda and salt
- Large bowl: beat the butter, vanilla, eggs and sugar
And when you make this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, gluten free or otherwise, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more quickbread recipes, try these:
For more gluten free bakes, try these:
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- Healthy Banana Nut Muffins
- Flourless Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Cream
Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (with Gluten Free Option!)
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3-4 ripe medium-sized bananas
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels + more for sprinkling on top alternately, 1/2 cup chopped nuts + 1/2 cup semisweet morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter, vanilla and sugar with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs.
- In a small bowl, combine bananas and milk. Mash together with a fork.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda.
- Using a mixing spoon, blend dry ingredients into the creamed mixture alternately with the bananas. Fold in the chocolate chips/nuts. Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake for 1hr 10min or until cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.